Booking Conditions :
No contract exists until Haut Lac has received a signed enrolment form or on-line enrolment form and the required deposit or in the case of a late booking the full payment.
- The person signing the enrolment form must have the authority to enter into a contract with Haut Lac.
- The contract is subject to Swiss Law and jurisdiction in the Canton of Fribourg.
- Payment, cancellation and refund policy: Full payment for programmes must be received 4 weeks in advance of the arrival date. Haut Lac reserves the right to cancel the reservation, without refund of the deposit, if this condition is not met. For late bookings (within 4 weeks of start) full payment must be received before the booking is confirmed. Any cancellation must be addressed to the Haut-Lac International Centre by registered letter or by fax and registered letter if it is a last minute cancellation.
For cancellations without insurance we retain the following sums:
Up to 30 days before date of start – 30% deposit
30 days and less before date of start – 100% of the final invoice
No refund will be made for any reason once a programme has started.
- Haut Lac cancellation insurance offers complete reimbursement of all fees in the event of cancellation.
The following conditions apply
- The insurance must be requested on the application form, it cannot be added at a later date.
- All payment conditions must have been met.
- The cost of the cancellation insurance itself is not refundable.
- No reimbursements are made for late arrivals or early departures, regardless of the reason.
- Parents or guardians accept full financial responsibility for anyone they register in Haut Lac for the following reasons:
- Damage caused, whether wilful or not, to facilities, equipment, clothing or anything else belonging to or leased by Haut Lac.
- Repatriation expenses for any person having to be sent home or to a designated place, due to illness, accident, misbehaviour or any other reason deemed valid by Haut Lac.
- Any pocket money or any purchase of a personal nature made on behalf of the child for anything not included in the programme.
- Students on Haut Lac programmes are expected to comply with all Haut Lac rules and regulations and respect the Haut Lac Code of Conduct. Haut Lac reserves the right to send any student home to their parents if in the opinion of Haut Lac the student is incompatible with the general well being of the camp through his/her negligence of said rules and regulations. In this case all travel costs would be the responsibility of the parent or guardian and no refund of camp fees would be considered.
- Cancellation or modification of programmes: Haut Lac reserves the right to cancel or modify any programme because of an insufficient number of participants or for any reason beyond our control. If this rare event occurs, Haut Lac will offer an alternative programme or a full refund.
- Promotional materials: Haut Lac reserves the right to use any photographs, art work, etc, of the students on it’s website and in any of it’s future publications.
- Medical release: Haut Lac shall have full authority to take whatever action it deems necessary to safeguard the health and well being of students. Such authority shall include the right to take the action it deems necessary to secure medical treatment for the child at the parent’s or guardian’s expense.